Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SUMMERTIME!

Yeah, it's summer! I couldn't be more excited to be off of work, home with the kids and just relaxing! Yesterday was the first official *WARM* day (it has to be over 75 for me to consider it warm out) I think the high reached almost 78, the pool was heated and after morning chores, the kids were chompin' at the bit to dive in!

THANKS GRANDMA & GRANDPA for keeping the pool up after all these years so your grandkids can also enjoy it! They swam from 1:30-5:00 for Taylor, she never got out, and finally at 5, I told her we had to go home and make supper.. Brookie quickly changed into jammies, and said I need a nap...about 2 seconds later she was out on the couch! My girls absolutely love the water, and I'm so proud of Brookie Boo, thanks to the help of Kenzie and Auntie Jasmine, she swam the width of the pool on the deep end yesterday!!

Charlie enjoys the fresh air outside, but it still doesn't help him sleep through the night... I can't complain, he goes down between 8:30-9:30, gets up anywhere between 2-3 a.m., then back to sleep till anywhere from 6-7:30 a.m. Not all that bad but really if he would just sleep straight through until about 5 a.m., I think it would help me a bit!! Oh well, such is life!

Jerod & I are staying busy being parents to our 4 beautiful kids, he's working hard as ever trucking, I'm busy holding down the fort at home. I LOVE MY JOB because I get the summers off!!! We are working at Shawano Speedway on Saturday nights this year, so it's a nice little break from the kids, we get to ride in the car to and from together in peace and quiet, and it's never too late before we are back home again, perfect summer job for me!

2 weeks ago in Relief Society we had a lesson that involved the importance of journal writing..An area I fail miserably at, so I hope my kids know that this was the main reason I started this blog. So they have memories saved in print from when they were younger... I love you Tay, Kenz, Brook & Charlie!

Photo's from our fun day in the sun yesterday and Charlie from last week!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

oh shelly I love reading your blog!!! I love the pics, I am counting down the days til I come home!! July 9th I will be driving in the driveway and I seriously am like a little kid in a candy store..I'm so excited..haha glad the weather is finally getting nice and warm..i like the sound of that! Tell the girls I will be up for any day swimming...I have lost time to make up for! And dibs on Charlie!! :) Love you lots and miss you tons!! 23 days!!

Stacy Stoddard said...

charlie is doing really pretty good at sleeping. bo did the same thing, only would wake up once in the night, which I loved and realized I was really spoiled. Tyson on the other hand, was up several times and at 15 months is finally starting to sleep through the night regularly.