Saturday, February 7, 2009

I feel so blessed!

So, I'm getting ready for work yesterday and Brooklyn says to me, Mom there's a surprise in your room today, and it's not for you but it's for someone you know. I being tired & 9 mo's pregnant smiled at her and said ok, Brookie.

I proceed to walk into the classroom that I work and there are streamers and balloons and I look at the teacher I work for and ask her, "Did I miss something?" She says yeah we're having a party today. I asked her for what? She says you, it's a baby shower. I was completely shocked. She asked if I had really had no clue and I told her no I didn't except that Brookie said something to me about a surprise.

We had a fun time in both the morning and afternoon classes, played a few games, the kids made me cards with pictures of everything I will need for Charlie when he's born from diapers to bottles to a crib to toys! We than used yarn and candy to measure how big Mrs. Hoffman's belly was around, I'm officially 32 chocolate hearts around (don't laugh, they are small hearts!!) :)

I than was given several gifts from my teacher, the little ones and a few of the parents even came, and also gave me some wonderful gifts. My favorite was a picture frame from Mrs. Klotz & the kiddo's, on it is a spot for Charlie's picture, than it has 2 pictures of my belly with all the am students and than one with all the pm students hands on my belly, on the bottom are little flowers, and the petals and stems are their thumbprints, and it says "Thumbody Loves Me" it brought me to tears (I'll post a seperate picture of it)

I felt so very loved yesterday, by some very special people.. I'll miss my little 4 and 5 year olds when I have the baby, but am happy I'll get to come back for a few weeks at the end of the year before they go off to kindergarten. So to Mrs. Klotz, Mrs. Brady, Mrs. Hohensee, my little friends and their parents, thank you so much for making my upcoming arrival even more special!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I just found your blog. Congratulations on your baby. Why is there an apostrophe in your blog title? The apostrophe is only needed if your title is The Hoffman's Blog. If the title is The Hoffmans, then no apostrophe is needed, as it is not a possessive. Hope you aren't an English teacher! ( ;

Miss Erin said...

awww. thats so cute.

Stacy Stoddard said...

That was so nice of them. I bet the kids absolutely loved it as well. And If I were to be measured, I would prefer to be measured in chocolate hearts instead of inches.

Can't wait to see picutes of little Charlie.