Thursday, February 26, 2009

He's here!





While Jerod is still my number one love, there is a new man in my life who is not far behind, Charles Jeffrey Hoffman entered our world on Sunday, Feb. 22nd, 2009 at 11:43 p.m., 8 lbs, 4 oz, 20 1/4 inches, born via C-Section after 11 hours of labor, he was just too stubborn to be born natural.

After pushing for about 50 minutes, my Dr. looked at me and broke the news that she thought he was face up and just wasn't going to come down naturally. I asked her to wait and let me try a little more and than decided to throw in the white towel because I was exhausted. I'm so grateful for all of my sweet support team that was there; Jer, my Mom, my sister, my mother in law and sister in law Jill. My dad and Grandma Verna waited in the hallway, making little appearances here and there. My sister did leave at 9, to get my girls settled in to bed, and thanks to my brother in law Mark who babysat them all day long with some relief from my Dad & Grandma for a few hours of help. I'm proud of my Mom, she was brave and it couldn't have been easy on her, because when we decided on the C-Section, I had a meltdown and just couldn't stop crying, I felt like I hadn't done all I could, but all of my lovies encouraged me that I did all I could and it was ok.

Dr. Pardini was fabulous and got the ball rolling, and I believe it must've only been about a 1/2 hour from the time they wheeled me in to the time he was born. The Dr. announced, it's ok Michelle, I'm looking at a face, the most probable cause of his stubborness to be born. When they pulled him from me, I heard he's so cute and he's so big! All I asked was, It's a boy than? Jerod said yes, and he's fine. The Dr/Nursing staff were guessing at his weight, thinking he had to be at 9 lbs or maybe a little more, but when they put him on it read, 8 lbs, 4 oz (my biggest one.) My Dr. even said the scale had to be wrong :) He had a pretty big head, and some chubby little cheeks, but he was absolutely perfect. Daddy went with him, and he was greeted by all the family who was there, the nurses let them all come into the room while he was checked out, cleaned up, etc... I was greatful they all had the chance to hold him and love him, a small reward for not being able to see him actually be born.

I had a rough time those first few hours, but everyone was wonderful, especially Jerod and I was well taken care of the entire time of my stay. I never knew what a C-Section felt like and to every woman who's had one before me, I commend you, it's a whole different experience. We got to come home on Wednesday morning, and I was relieved, but tired. Our first night was less than ideal, lots of fussing, crying, but he's so perfect we got past it, and pray our 2nd night goes a little smoother. Jerod looked at me yesterday and smiled and said can you believe we have a son? No, it's still sinking in.

Thanks for all of you who've expressed your congratulations and kind words, they mean the world to us. I'm so excited for my 3 girls, they are in love with their brother and are sure to spoil him for the next 18 years or so! I'll keep updated pictures every few weeks, as he's changed so much even since his birth.

Love you all! Michelle

6 comments:

DJ said...

Congratulations all of you---it's hard to imagine your home with a boy in it. He is adorable! I'm so happy for you. You posted his birth date as Jan 22 you must mean Feb though right? No matter though cuz no matter when or how he got here he is precious and perfect. Good luck with tonight. I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon. And that your recovery is fast as well.

Miss Erin said...

he's adorable. and i bet your girls are so excited to have a little oone in the house. congrats and i hope all is well.

momtoo3cutegirlz said...

Oopps! Thanks DJ, lack of sleep, yes he was just born on 2-22, not 1-22! :)

Heidi said...

Congrats! I never had the C-section, but I have been cut open. Not a fun recovery. No matter how he came, he's here and I'm sure been given more love than anyone can imagine. He fits. Love to you all.

Stacy Stoddard said...

congrats again, he is so cute. glad everything went well.

Jenn said...

Shel! He is so perfect and I can't wait to come home and meet him! I'm so happy for you and thanks for keeping me updated! I love you! Give Charlie a kiss for me!