Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's been a while

It's been almost a month since I've updated..we keep pluggin' along.. Charlie is doing well, he's already 9 weeks old, the time just keeps ticking away on the clock! I've done my best to savor every moment since Charlie's been born, I can definately say I have more patience for him then I did for the girls..maybe it's because I'm older and he's the only one in diapers, maybe it's because I know he's my last, I don't know but I hope my patience continues. His weight is no longer a concern, he weighed 11 lbs 12.5 oz at his 2 mo check-up last week and was 23 in. long. My only concern for him is that he doesn't want to take a bottle, which could pose a problem when I go back to work, we'll keep trying!





The girls are doing well, plugging along in school, they got really good report cards for 3rd quarter. Brookie continues to have some struggles with reading, she's almost to the level she should be for the end of 1st grade, but it's hard for her, so we keep trying! Taylor lacks confidence in math, but her teacher has said all year long she gives it her all, and she's gotten a b+'s each quarter, I'm so proud of her! Mackenzie's report cards have been good too, she loves to read, always has, always will, and I catch her writing stories and song lyrics all the time too.

As I think about my kids, their personalities, I wonder what the future holds, what will they be when they grow up? Mackenzie told me she was talking to her teacher (who happens to be Mrs. Hoffman too!) and she said I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, her teacher gave her the best advice, she said just enjoy it now, because your not even half way there, on that note, I think that's what I'll do, enjoy every moment I have with them now, because all to soon they are growing up and I'll miss these times. This weekend is Dance Receital, it will be Taylor's last as she starts middle school next year, and I gave her the choice; sports or dance, she's choosing to try sports. I hope financially we can figure out a way to keep Mackenzie & Brookie in it, I feel like that's the only fair thing to do, as Taylor started out when she was 3 yrs old, they did too, so they deserve to dance until 5th grade if they so choose.

Until next time, hope we get some *WARMER* spring weather so I can take charlie outside and show him the sights and sounds of the country.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I found myself at different times in my life wishing I could just "freeze time" so my family wouldn't change. Then time marches on and I'm glad things didn't freeze. Then I begin that whole thing over again wishing I could freeze time. I'm telling you now that as much as I loved having little ones, I much prefer my teens and adult children. Adult conversation is so much better than "Barney" conversation. Enjoy every moment at every age!

Stacy Stoddard said...

i love those chubby checks on charlie. just want to kiss them.

BrandonandJeana said...

Oh good heavens I love his cheeks! I think I need to hold him the next time we're out there.