Monday, March 30, 2009

Blessing day...








So for those of you that don't know Jerod & I too close, we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. In our church, we bless infants, which basically is a prayer that Jerod (the baby's father/or another family member) gives. I always love this blessing, in doesn't matter if it's my own children, nieces/nephews or just a church members baby, such beautiful words spoken to these children of God. A few things mentioned in Charlie's as he was blessed... that he will grow strong, he will always love and honor his parents, that he will someday serve a mission, and marry a righteous girl; I'm so grateful that my husband holds the priesthood and he can bestow blessings like this one for his family. We felt so loved as all but a few in our family were able to attend, and it was a beatiful day (even if not outside!) The whole crew came to our house after for lunch (Grandpa Jeff counted, and if Auntie Jen & Uncle Mark would've been present, that made 35!) It was also my parents 40th wedding anniversary,wow!! I love them both so much and am grateful for their examples!! I hope all of our family members know how much we love them!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

So glad the blessing went good! Wish I could've been there...pictures are adorable though! thanks a million for the pic..I got it in the mail today! I love and miss you tons!

MissRochelle said...

Oh Michelle, I love all your pictures.... until I got to your husband's T-Shirt.

You poor thing. :)

Your baby is a little munchkin tho!