Sunday, May 25, 2008

Holidays

Well it's Memorial Day weekend, a smaller holiday of sorts, but a holiday all the same..All I know is no work/school tomorrow, YIPPEE! I love holidays, especially since marrying my sweetie 12 years ago, because holidays are always a reason to go to "Grandma Carol's" Such a big family, but Grandma Carol always cooks on holidays, and the food never disappoints!! We had Jen home for a week 1/2 but that time flew by and it's almost time for her to get back on a plane for Arizona, can't imagine how hard that is for her, I would never have been brave enough to attend collage several states away, but I know Jen's strong and a few days back into her routine, she'll be good to go! LOVE YA JEN!
11 1/2 days of school left when we go back on Tuesday! It really went by fast this year, and it's amazing to see how much the 4 yr old kindergarteners have grown. Some are inches taller, and just have that big kid/no more baby look to them. I love how much each of them have grown in their abilities/skills. I'm planning on working summer school from June 23-July 25, the girls will attend, and I'll be in the 4 yr old K room, I guess a good way to get to know some of the students who will be in there next year, hopefully I get to stay in there and don't get moved, I love that age group! I hope everyone has a safe/happy Memorial Day weekened, that's about all I got, I know pretty boring life I lead!
TTFN!
Shel

3 comments:

BrandonandJeana said...

Still no recent pictures of the girls, trust me...it makes the posts way more fun! Not to mention, Grandma Pam and Verna, and Grandpa Charlie can see them more often. But you don't lead a boring life at all, you're a busy woman!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I miss "Grandma Carol". How's she and that sweet husband of hers doing? Tell her hi for me. Those two are the greatest people--you are SO lucky to have them! Man I need to get back to Wisconsin. You guys were all like family to me after serving there for so long--I sure miss all you wonderful Hoffman's a lot!!

Hope you all had a great holiday and the rest of school goes good.
I was happy to see you'd posted again.
TTYL