Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

So, the 4th of July makes the tiny town of Gresham really come to life, thousands line the streets of Gresham for the annual parade.. The firefighters marched again this year in honor of the 100th birthday of Gresham, and they had a bag piper playing with them, it was really nice..Jerod is closest to the camera with the tan hat on..

My talented father in law, Jeff thought he would build a redneck chopper, just like Paul does from American Choppers, he put this beauty together in a matter of hours, creative isn't he? I think Julie would like her lawn mower back now though.
Here are some shots of the girls, after the parade we went and helped Daddy, up at the park with a booth for the fire department. Jerod built a "house" out of plywood with doors/windows and another firefighters wife painted the flames on. The kids had the chance to use the fire house to put out the fire, it was really cute and the girls were really good helpers!

After it slowed down a while each of the girls got to take a turn, here's Taylor with a local firefighter, he was really impressed with her skills, she knocked all the flames out in a matter of about 20 seconds, he said it must run in the genes!
Take care all, we'll be in touch! First Dr's appointment is scheduled for August 1st, I'll be exactly 10 weeks, so am hopeful to hear a heatbeat at the appointment!

Love, Michelle

3 comments:

Stacy Stoddard said...

Neal wants the redneck chopper. I totally miss the 4th in Wisconsin, hopefully one of these years we will be able to make it back for it.

Jenn said...

Shel-looks like it a great 4th!! Girls look beautiful as usual and thanks so much for emailing the pics of my padre! what can I say? that's my dad!! hehe wish I could've been there, but I love and miss you all! I will see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I too miss the fourth in Gresham. I did think of you lots last friday! .....and all the good times I got to share with you all back in the day (already five or six years ago) and the ones that I'm so missing out on now!